One event that we absolutely look forward to each year is the Irvine Global Village Festival. This multi-cultural festival has been going on for 15 years and it’s definitely a one of a kind experience if you enjoy meeting and watching people from other cultures perform, sing, dance, and just basically have a good time. Think of it as a Multi-Cultural Woodstock.
The festival this year has grown to include 100+ musical, dance and demonstration performances.
It’s held at Col. Bill Barber Marine Corps Memorial Park at 4 Civic Center Plaza, Irvine — the fields right next to the Irvine City Hall.
What’s so cool about the festival is that it’s held simultaneously on five stages and feature a variety of international food booths, kid’s crafts and activities, cultural and world religions exhibits and a global marketplace where you can chat with people representing their respective cultures.
Go early when the weather is cooler and bring a hat and sunglasses. We often bring an umbrella for extra shade coverage.
It’s a fascinating event — both parking and attendance is free!
Irvine Global Village Festival
Col. Bill Barber Marine Corps Memorial Park
4 Civic Center Plaza, Irvine.
Saturday, September 24, 10am to 6 pm
Admission is free, off-site parking is ample with free shuttles to the event
More information: irvinefestival.org
- A wonderful festival celebrating the diverse cultures in Irvine
- Too short. Wish it was longer!
- They could use more covered areas, especially for eating lunch.
- Visit the cultural exhibits. It’s always interesting to speak with people from other countries to see what they think of Irvine and the US in general.
- Bring a hat, sunglasses, and possibly an umbrella for additional shade coverage.